The library has meeting rooms for library-sponsored and library-affiliated programs such as those for literacy, library partnerships with government and community social service agencies, and Township board and agency sessions. Meeting rooms may be reserved by other organizations if there is not a schedule conflict with these programs, which have priority.
In periods of Public Health Emergency or other disruption in library service the use of the meeting rooms may be suspended or adapted to meet code, regulation or law.
Reserving a Meeting Room
Meeting room requests are made through the online reservation system.
To request a meeting room, patrons are to read the newly revised Meeting Room Policy herein and fill out an Application for the Meeting Room. Reservations are "pending," until confirmed by the library by email or by telephone. A Meeting Room Use Agreement form must be filled out annually and submitted to Administration. The meeting sponsor must supply Administration with the proper organizational contact information on the Meeting Room Use Agreement form (PDF).
Meeting room capacity is as follows:
|Agency||Legal Room Capacity (Auditorium Style)||Legal Room Capacity (Chairs and Tables)|
Note: Library hours may vary according to seasonal hours of operation; reservations are contingent upon the hours of operation.
Each meeting is limited to a one-session time block.
|Main and Branches||Weekdays||Opening to 30 minutes before closing|
|Main Only||Sunday||1 to 4:30 pm|
Rights Reserved / Disclaimers
- The library reserves the right to cancel a meeting room reservation for unforeseen library needs and emergencies.
- Permission to use a library meeting room does not signify endorsement of the aims, policies, programs or positions of the group or organization.
- Permission to use a room is revocable and does not constitute a lease.
- The library reserves the right to deny meeting room use to any organization that does not comply with the regulations set forth in this policy and the Woodbridge Public Library Rules of Conduct.
- The library reserves the right to deny meeting room use to any group that does not leave a room in a clean and orderly condition or causes damage to library property.
Waiver of Regulations
Exceptions from specific regulations of this policy may be authorized in writing for the Woodbridge Public Library, Friends of the Libraries of Woodbridge Township, Woodbridge Township boards and agencies, Middlesex County, and the State of New Jersey.
- Approved - Board of Library Trustees - December 15, 1994
- Approved - Board of Library Trustees - January 20, 1995
- Revised - Board of Library Trustees - November 21, 2002
- Revised - Board of Library Trustees - October 21, 2010
- Revised - Board of Library Trustees - July 16, 2015
- Revised - Board of Library Trustees - February 21, 2019
- Revised - Board of Library Trustees - March 25, 2021